Thursday, April 28, 2016


I just repainted my kitchen cabinets (for the 3rd time) and put in new hardware.  I painted the walls turquoise, and I just installed a new light over the sink.  The old walls were paneling, so I used drywall mud to smooth them out, so when I took the old light down, I had to fill in around it where the original paneling was showing, then primer and paint it.  Then I installed the new light.  It was the first time I've ever installed new lighting myself so I was pretty proud that it worked the first time!

I also bought the material for the valance and used the iron-on tape and made a no-sew valance for over the kitchen window.  I bought the turquoise dining room curtains on Amazon for $16 for the pair and they match the kitchen pain exactly!  You can't see them very well in the picture because it was late afternoon and the light made the picture turn out dark but I'll get better pictures up later once everything is all together.  Right now my dining room table is a catch-all for all of my lights, saws, paint, etc. and that's my old dishwasher sitting next to the dining room window.  I still need to call a guy to come pick it up and get rid of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment